UConn junior Jacob Burte talks class, camp, and cooking on this week’s episode.
Garlic Bread Bruschetta
- Sliced Bread (Peasant Bread or sliced Italian works well)
- Minced Garlic (Mince your own like a pro and let it sit in olive oil or buy some pre-minced from the store, I prefer that for my recipe because it comes soupy, the more “juice” the better as it heads into the oven later)
- Sweet Onions
- Tomatoes (large)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Extract (Different then the dressing)
- Dice onions
- Thinly slice tomatoes
- Butter/Pam a cookie sheet and set oven to 450
- Butter sliced bread and put garlic on top
- Put onions and mozzarella on bread as you see fit
- Put into oven and carefully monitor for 5 min. take out when mozzarella first starts to brown
- Arrange tomatoes
- Garnish with asil (Make sure to appreciate basil smell periodically)
- Drizzle (I love that word) appropriate amounts of oil and extract on top.
- Taaa Daaa!